If you’re considering lash extensions, you’ve probably got a lot of questions. How do they work? How long will they last? What’s the difference between mink and silk lashes? Do lash extensions damage your natural lashes?
Don’t worry, we’re here to answer all your questions! Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about lash extensions.
Lash extensions are semi-permanent lashes that are individually glued to your existing natural eyelashes to enhance length, curl, fullness, and thickness. They are made from synthetic fibres or natural materials like mink fur or silk. Unlike strip lashes or falsies, lash extensions are applied lash by lash in an intricate process that takes around two hours.
The results can be extremely natural or more dramatic and glamorous depending on the technique used. Lash extensions allow you to wake up with beautiful long lashes every day without the need to apply mascara or insert false lashes. They are a great option for women who want to enhance their natural beauty for special occasions or their everyday look.
When properly applied by a certified technician, lash extensions are safe and will not damage your natural eyelashes. However, it’s important to go to an experienced professional and care for your lashes properly to avoid any potential side effects.
When it comes to lash extensions, there are a few different types that you can choose from. This can be a bit daunting, but once you know what each type offers, it becomes much easier to decide which is best for you.
So, which type of lash extension is right for you? It really depends on the look you’re going for. If you want something more natural, then classic lash extensions are the way to go. If you’re looking for a dramatically different look, then volume or hybrid lash extensions are the way to go.
There are three main types of lash extensions to choose from:
Classic lash extensions are applied one synthetic lash to each of your individual natural lashes. This technique creates a natural enhancement, adding length, thickness, and curl. Classic lashes work well for women who want to subtly enhance their natural lashes. They are easier to maintain than volume lashes.
Volume lash extensions (also known as 2D or 3D lashes) involve adhering multiple superfine synthetic lashes to each natural lash. Volume lashes create a fuller, more dramatic look as more lashes are fanned out across your lash line. The result is ultra-glamorous, thick lashes that really make your eyes pop. However, they do require more maintenance.
Hybrid lash extensions combine both classic and volume lashes for a tailored look. Hybrid sets use volume lashes at the edges of the eye and classic lashes in the middle section. This technique allows for a glamorous look while still appearing more natural on the eye. Hybrids are ideal for women who want a mix of volume and subtlety.
When getting lash extensions, have an in-depth consultation with your technician to determine which type and design is best for achieving your desired look.
Lash extensions are a great way to achieve long, luscious lashes without having to deal with the daily hassle of mascara and false lashes. But how long do lash extensions last?
Lash extensions are semi-permanent, meaning they will eventually fall out and need to be replaced. The average lifespan of a lash extension is around 6-8 weeks, but this can vary depending on your natural lash cycle, how well you take care of your extensions, and the quality of the extensions themselves.
One of the main reasons lash extensions don’t last forever is because our natural lashes are constantly growing and shedding. Every 2-3 months, we go through a full lash cycle in which our lashes grow, shed, and are replaced. This cycle can cause lash extensions to loosen and eventually fall out.
There are a few things you can do to help your lash extensions last as long as possible:
1. Invest in good quality lash extensions. Cheap lash extensions are more likely to fall out quickly.
2. Be gentle with your lashes. Avoid rubbing or pulling on your lash extensions and be careful when using oil-based makeup removers or cleansers.
3. Visit your lash technician for regular touch-ups. Every 3-4 weeks, you should get your lash extensions checked and touched up if necessary.
4. Use a lash serum. A lash serum can help to condition your natural lashes and make them stronger, which can in turn help your lash extensions last longer.
Lash extensions are a great way to achieve long, voluminous lashes without any hassle. With proper care, they can last anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Be sure to invest in quality extensions and visit your lash technician regularly for touch-ups!
Prepping for your lash extension service doesn’t need to be complicated. In fact, with a few simple tips, you can ensure that your lash artist has everything they need to create a flawless set of lash extensions. Here’s what you need to do to get ready for your next appointment:
1. Remove all traces of makeup from your lashes before your appointment. This includes any waterproof mascara or liner. The lash artist will need a clean slate to work with, so it’s important that you come to your appointment with freshly cleansed lashes. You can use a gentle oil-free makeup remover to avoid any irritation.
2. Avoid using oils around your eyes before your appointment. Oils can dissolve the adhesive used to apply the lash extensions, so it’s best to stay away from them leading up to your service. This means no using oily sunscreens, makeup removers, or moisturisers in the days before your appointment.
3. Arrive to your appointment with clean hair. That means no conditioner, oils, or styling products in your hair. These can all transfer to your lashes and interfere with the adhesion of the lash extensions.
4. Let your lash artist know about any allergies or sensitivities you have. This includes any allergies to adhesives, metals, or other materials that might be used during the service. It’s also important to mention any medical conditions that could affect the service, such as shedding disorders or recent eye surgeries.
5. Be prepared to remove your contacts. If you wear contacts, you’ll need to remove them before your lash extension service. This is for both your comfort and the safety of your eyes. Your lash artist will be able to apply the extensions more easily and accurately without your contacts in.
6. Have cash on hand to tip your lash artist. Tipping is always appreciated, but it’s not required. If you do choose to tip, 15-20% is standard.
Following these simple tips will help you prepare for a successful lash extension service. Just relax and enjoy the process – you’ll love your new lash look!
Lash extensions are a great way to enhance your natural beauty and give your lashes a fuller, more dramatic look. However, it is important to take care of your lash extensions properly to ensure that they last. Here are some aftercare tips for lash extensions:
1. Gently brush your lashes daily. This will help to keep them looking clean and avoid any clumping.
2. Avoid rubbing or touching your eyes. This can cause the extensions to come off prematurely.
3. Avoid using oil-based products around your eyes. This includes makeup removers, moisturisers, and eye creams. Oil can break down the adhesive and cause the extensions to fall off.
4. Be careful when using makeup brushes near your lash line. Be sure to use clean brushes and avoid tugging or pulling at the lashes.
5. Avoid using waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascara can be difficult to remove and can cause the lashes to become brittle and dry.
6. Schedule regular touch-ups every 2-3 weeks. This will help to keep your lash extensions looking their best.
Proper aftercare and touch up appointments are key to keeping your lashes in tip-top shape! Follow these steps and you’ll love your lash extensions.
Lash extensions are a popular beauty treatment that can give you longer, fuller lashes. But there are also some potential drawbacks to consider before you make an appointment.
False eyelashes have been around since the early 1900s, but lash extensions are a more recent development. Lash extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are glued to your natural lashes to give you longer, fuller lashes.
Lash extensions are a great way to enhance your natural beauty without the need for daily maintenance. Unlike false eyelashes, which you need to remove and reapply every day, lash extensions can last for weeks with proper care. Lash extensions are also much more comfortable to wear than false eyelashes, and they look more natural.
There are many benefits to lash extensions, including:
Lash extensions offer many benefits:
1. Give the appearance of longer, thicker and fuller lashes instantly.
2. Eliminate the need for mascara and eyelash curlers.
3. More permanent solution than false lashes you remove daily.
4. Make eyes appear more open, brighter and youthful.
5. Customisable length and curl to suit your needs.
6. Save time in your morning beauty routine.
7. Available in natural looks for day or glam options for evenings.
8. Won’t rub or smudge off like mascara.
9. Lightweight and comfortable to wear even with sensitive eyes.
10. Safe when applied properly by a trained professional.
11. Great for vacations and special events when you want to look your best.
12. Confidence booster! Opening your eyes to lush lashes is a treat.
For many women, waking up with beautiful lashes ready to go is life changing. Lash extensions allow you to save precious minutes of makeup application time while still looking your very best.
While lash extensions offer many benefits, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider:
1. Extensions require professional application and touch-ups, so they are more costly than mascara. The upkeep needs to be budgeted for.
2. Some people may be allergic or sensitive to the glue adhesive used which could cause irritation. Always do a patch test first.
3. Too much pulling on the natural lashes during application or removal could cause lash loss. Be sure to go to a properly trained technician.
4. Extensions need special care, caution with water exposure and oil-free eye makeup products to keep them in place.
5. You cannot rub your eyes vigorously or use typical oil-based eye makeup removers.
6. Some people may get itchy eyelids from the glue. Be sure to alert your lash tech.
7. If the full set is not removed properly by a professional, natural lashes could be damaged.
While drawbacks are rare when you see an experienced lash extension stylist, there are maintenance requirements and costs to consider before committing.
The cost of lash extensions can vary greatly depending on your location, the level of expertise and experience of your lash artist, and the quality of the materials used. On average, however, you can expect to pay:
1. Full Set Application: $100-$250
2. Refill Appointments: $70-150 every 2-3 weeks
3. Classic Lashes: On the lower end of pricing
4. Volume or Hybrid Lashes: More expensive
Factors like the thickness and length of the extensions, number applied, salon brand and materials will impact the price. Some of the pricier mink lash extensions can cost several hundred dollars for a full set. Synthetic fibre lashes provide a more budget-friendly option.
Many salons also charge more for dramatic volume set lash extensions which require more time and skill to apply properly. Be sure you understand exactly what is included in the lash extension packages offered. Ask questions beforehand so you know what the maintenance costs will be.
Reputable lash artists and higher quality materials are worth the investment for the best results and to avoid damage to your natural lashes. With proper aftercare, you’ll only need reasonably priced fill appointments every few weeks to maintain your extensions.
So, is it worth it? That’s for you to decide. If you’re looking for a way to enhance your appearance and make your eyes look bigger and brighter, then lash extensions may be worth the investment. Just be sure to do your research and find a reputable lash salon that uses high-quality products and has experienced lash artists.
Our service SPECIALS running now.
When applied correctly by a trained professional, lash extensions pose little risk to your natural eyelashes or eyes. However, improper application and removal techniques could damage your lashes.
To reduce risks:
1. Do extensive research to find a reputable and experienced lash technician. Look for reviews, certifications,
2. and training.
3. Make sure they don’t use extensions that are too heavy for your lashes which puts strain on them.
4. Ask what adhesive they use and if they perform allergy patch tests. Adhesives should be formaldehyde and latex-free.
5. Make sure they don’t apply extensions directly to the lash line or onto skin which could block oil glands.
6. Avoid tugging or pulling on the extensions which puts pressure on the natural lash follicle.
7. Have the extensions professionally removed instead of pulling them out yourself.
While lash extensions require care and come at a cost, the risks are minimal when applied properly. Taking the time to find an experienced lash artist is key to getting safe, beautiful results.
Common Questions About Lash Extensions
Lash extensions are made of synthetic fibres that are glued to your natural lashes. The most common type of lash extension is made of synthetic mink or silk.
Mink lashes are made from real mink fur, giving them a very soft and natural look and feel. They are more expensive than synthetic lashes. Synthetic lashes are made of man-made fibres like polyester, silk or rayon. They are vegan and often more affordable. While less soft than mink, high-quality synthetics mimic natural lashes well. Ask your stylist about the best options for your desired look, eye shape and budget.
Silk lash extensions are made from natural silk fibres while synthetic lashes are constructed from man-made fibres like polyester, nylon or rayon. Silk provides a very smooth and lightweight feel. Synthetics are less expensive but quality options mimic silk well. Both offer curl and long-lasting wear when properly applied. It comes down to your preference for natural silk or budget-friendly synthetics that can achieve a beautiful look.
Choosing the right lash artist is key to getting beautiful, long-lasting results from your lash extensions. Here are some tips for finding a qualified professional:
1. Ask friends for recommendations and look at reviews online for local lash artists. A personal referral is ideal.
2. Make sure the technician is properly licensed and trained in lash application and safety.
3. Ask how long they’ve been applying lashes and how frequently they maintain their education. Look for several years of experience.
4. Request to see photos of their work to ensure it is to your taste and the results look natural.
5. Inquire about what types of adhesives they use and if they do patch tests to check for allergies. The adhesive should be formaldehyde-free.
6. Schedule a consultation first to meet the lash artist and ask any questions about their process, techniques, and pricing.
7. Make sure the salon space and tools look clean, sanitised, and professional. This promotes proper application and lash health.
Taking the time to vet lash extension specialists will ensure you have the best experience possible. Your lashes are in the artist’s hands!
Ask which brand of adhesive they use and ensure it does not contain formaldehyde or other harsh chemicals. Reputable salons only use high-quality, lash-safe adhesives and products. They should also have thorough sanitisation practices.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as allergies, asthma, or blepharitis, you should consult with your doctor before getting lash extensions. Additionally, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should avoid getting lash extensions.
No, lash extensions will not damage your natural lashes when applied by a licensed and trained professional. When applied correctly, lash extensions will not damage your natural lashes. However, if they are applied too close to the base of your natural lashes, they could cause the lashes to break or fall out.
You should avoid wearing mascara or using oil-based products on your lashes prior to your appointment. This will help the adhesive bond better to your lashes.
This is one of the most common questions I get asked as an aesthetician. The answer really depends on your natural lash cycle and how well you take care of your extensions. Normally, we tell our clients that they can expect to get 3-4 weeks out of a full set of extensions.
While professional removal is ideal, you can remove lash extensions yourself at home with care:
1. Start by gently cleansing eyes and lashes to remove eye makeup, dirt and debris. Pat dry.
2. Apply an oil-based eye makeup remover or coconut oil along the lash line with a cotton swab or pad.
3. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the oil to help break down the adhesive bonds.
4. Very gently wiggle and slide the lashes off using your fingers or tweezers without pulling.
5. Never yank, tug, or quickly rip off the extensions as this can pull out natural lashes.
6. Repeat the oil and slide off process over a few days if needed to remove all extensions with patience.
7. Use a lash serum after removal to condition natural lashes.
8. While professional removal is ideal, this method helps avoid lash damage if you need to remove lash extensions yourself at home. Just be very gentle and take your time.
The removal process begins with gently cleansing the lashes with an oil-free cleanser/ Shampoo. Then, our Ardour Lash Artist will use a special tool to safely remove the lash extensions. Finally, your lashes will be cleaned and conditioned.
While lash extensions are designed for constant wear, even when sleeping and showering, having a lash holiday every now and then is recommended. Having a break from the constant weight of extensions on your natural lashes allows them to rest and recover.
Lash technicians generally suggest taking a short break between full sets, removing the extensions entirely for 1-2 weeks every 3 months. For some, removing extensions for eyelid health when experiencing itching or irritation is also wise. This lash holiday lets oil glands replenish and stressed lashes relax.
That said, if your lashes feel comfortable, removing the extensions for swimming, saunas or hot tubs is sufficient for most. Listen to your body. Some discomfort, itchiness or redness may signal giving your lashes a rest. Proper application and care make lash extensions safe for 24/7 wear between periodic breaks.
One of the most important things you can do to take care of your lash extensions is to avoid getting them wet for the first 12-24 hours after they are applied. This gives the glue time to set and will help your extensions last longer. After that, you can gently clean your lashes with a mild cleanser and brush them with a soft lash brush. Avoid using oil-based products near your lash line, as this can cause the extensions to fall out. See your lash artist regularly for fills.
Can I get lash extensions wet?
Yes, you can get lash extensions wet, but avoid rubbing or scrubbing your lashes, and be sure to pat them dry afterwards.
1. Avoid getting lashes wet for 24 hours after application to allow bonds to cure.
2. When washing face/hair, angle head back to keep water stream away from lash line.
3. Gently wash with lash shampoo using fingers only, no rubbing
4. Use a soft towel to gently pat lashes dry, don’t rub.
5. Invest in a shower shield to place over eyes to minimise direct water.
6. Limit face steamers, saunas or hot tub use which can loosen bonds.
7. Comb through lashes carefully with a specially designed lash comb after showering
8. Avoid oil-based cleansers, makeup removers and skin products near eyes.
It’s best to avoid submerging your lashes in hot tubs or pools as the chemicals and heat can weaken the bonds. Shield your eyes from water as much as possible. After swimming, gently wash lashes with clean water and carefully dry them. Avoid rubbing.
This can happen if extensions are too long or heavy. Bring it up to your technician and request they trim or adjust any bothersome lashes poking your eye. Properly done, the extensions should not scratch your eyes.
If you are one of the many people who suffer from itchy eyes after getting lash extensions, don’t worry, you are not alone! Itchy eyes are a very common side effect of lash extensions, but there are a few things you can do to help relieve the itchiness.
First, try not to rub your eyes. This will only make the itchiness worse and can also cause your lash extensions to come off. If you must rub your eyes, do it very gently.
Second, use a gentle, oil-free eye makeup remover to clean your lash line. This will help remove any irritants that may be causing your itchiness.
Third, use a cool compress to help soothe your itchy eyes. Simply soak a clean cloth in cold water and apply it to your eyes for a few minutes.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to relieve the itchiness and enjoy your lash extensions!
There are a few reasons this could be happening:
1. The lash extensions are too long or too heavy – If the lash extensions are too long or too heavy, they can put unnecessary stress on your natural lashes and cause them to hurt or itch.
2. The lash extensions are not the right size or shape for your eyes – If the lash extensions are not the right size or shape for your eyes, they can cause the lash line to be irritated and itch.
3. You are allergic to the lash extension adhesive – If you are allergic to the lash extension adhesive, it can cause irritation and itchiness.
4. You have an infection in your lash line – If you have an infection in your lash line, it can cause the area to be red, sore, and itchy.
5. You have dandruff or an oily scalp – If you have dandruff or an oily scalp, the oils can transfer to your lash line and cause irritation and itchiness.
6. You are not using the right products on your lash line – If you are not using the right products on your lash line, it can cause the area to be dry, irritated, and itchy.
7. You are rubbing or touching your eyes too much – If you are rubbing or touching your eyes too much, it can irritate the lash line and cause itchiness.
8. You are using makeup that is not compatible with lash extensions – If you are using makeup that is not compatible with lash extensions, it can cause the lash extensions to fall out prematurely or irritate the lash line.
When it comes to sleeping with lash extensions, there are a few things you can do to help keep them in good condition. First, try to sleep on your back as much as possible to avoid crushing your lashes. Second, use a silk pillowcase to help reduce friction. Finally, avoid using oil-based products around your eyes, as this can break down the adhesive.
There are a few reasons why your lash extensions may be falling out. First, it could be due to poor application. If the extensions are not applied correctly, they will not adhere properly and will fall out. Second, they may be falling out because you are not taking care of them properly. Be sure to brush your lashes daily and avoid rubbing or pulling on them. Third, it could be due to the type of product you are using. Be sure to use a water-based cleanser and avoid oil-based products around your eyes. Finally, it could be due to the natural shedding cycle of your lashes. Every few weeks, your lashes will go through a natural shedding process. This is normal and should not cause your lash extensions to fall out.
Yes, you can use mascara with lash extensions, but be sure to use a water-based mascara so as not to damage the extensions.
Look for a lengthening, water-based mascara formulated specifically for lash extensions. Avoid waterproof varieties. Gently apply only to the tips of your lashes, not the roots where bonding occurs. Oil-free is key.
Applying makeup with lash extensions requires a bit of care to ensure that the extensions are not damaged, and that the makeup complements them. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Before you start with makeup, ensure your lash extensions are clean. Avoid using oil-based cleansers as they can weaken the glue of the lash extensions.
Apply your face makeup as you normally would but be gentle around the eye area. It’s best to use oil-free products to prevent them from affecting the lash adhesive.
You can apply eyeshadow as usual, but you may want to avoid powder shadows that can fall onto the lashes. Cream or liquid eyeshadows can be a better option as they are less likely to get into your lashes.
When applying eyeliner, use a pen or gel liner instead of a pencil, which can tug at your lash extensions. Be careful not to apply the eyeliner too close to the lash line, as you want to avoid clogging the lash roots.
In many cases, mascara is not necessary with lash extensions, but if you wish to use it, apply a water-based mascara that is safe for lash extensions to the tips only. Avoid waterproof mascara as it is hard to remove and can pull on your extensions.
If you use concealer, apply it carefully with a brush or sponge and avoid touching the lashes.
Highlighter and Contour:
Apply highlighter and contour as you normally would but be careful around the eye area.
Setting Your Makeup:
When you set your makeup with powder or spray, shield your lashes from the product to avoid any build-up on your extensions.
Use an oil-free makeup remover to take off your makeup at the end of the day. Gently remove eye makeup with a cotton pad or swab, taking care not to rub your lashes.
Brush through your lashes with a clean spoolie brush to remove any makeup residue and to keep them neatly arranged.
Remember, the key to wearing makeup with lash extensions is to be gentle and to avoid oil-based products that can interfere with the adhesive. It’s also good to schedule regular touch-ups with your lash technician to maintain the extensions.
Your Ultimate Destination for Exquisite Lash Extensions: Ardour Brows & Lashes
As we have journeyed together through the nuances of selecting the perfect lash extensions, from the expertise of the lash artist to the serene ambiance of the salon, it is evident that the right choice can elevate your beauty experience. Ardour Brows & Lashes stands as a beacon of excellence in this artisan craft. We assure you, your search for exceptional lash extension services culminates with us.
Ardour Brows & Lashes is more than a salon; it’s a haven where expert hands bring your vision to life with precision and flair. Our artists, with their unwavering dedication to artistry and detail, ensure that each lash extension is a stroke of beauty tailored to your individual style and preference. Our commitment extends beyond the application process, as we guide you through the essential aftercare to preserve the longevity and lushness of your lashes.
We prioritise not just the aesthetic but the health of your lashes, delivering a bespoke service that seamlessly blends elegance with wellbeing. At Ardour Brows & Lashes, every aspect of your lash care is meticulously crafted to ensure a look that is as enduring as it is exquisite.
Choosing Ardour Brows & Lashes means indulging in an experience that is unparalleled. It’s about embracing an environment where your comfort and satisfaction are at the forefront. With our artist’s adept touch and our salon’s nurturing environment, you’ll depart with more than just stunning lashes—you’ll leave with a newfound confidence and the peace of mind that you are cared for by the best.
Your trust is our most cherished achievement, and we stand devoted to honouring it with every individual lash we perfect. Let Ardour Brows & Lashes be your sanctuary for beauty, where your lash dreams are transformed into reality with elegance and care.